- Purchase enough hours to meet your needs.
- Receive instant access to the Education Center to complete courses.
- Review all course overviews and study guides prior to deciding which courses to complete.
- Study guides are provided in PDF format. Read online or print if you prefer hardcopy.
- Most courses are available now and updated yearly in Mid-September.
- Assign courses to your staff.
- Access and print certificates of completion.
- Successful course completions are uploaded to the IRS and CTEC.
- Note: Online Credit Hours are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
Our courses are valid for CPAs, EAs, and tax preparers in all 50 states! (More)
- Field of Study: Taxes
- Expiration Date: The Final Exam must be completed online within one year from your date of purchase or shipment.
- Type of Delivery Method: Interactive self-study.
- Passing Grade: Participants who answer a minimum of 70% correct on the final exam will be sent a Certificate of Completion via email. Results are regularly uploaded to the IRS and CTEC.
- Refund Policy: 30-day money-back guarantee. For more information regarding refund, complaint and/or program cancellation policies, please contact our customer service department at 1-866-919-5277.
- Advance Preparation: No advance preparation is needed to complete any of TheTaxReview courses.
- Record Retention: Tax Materials, Inc. will retain a record of course participants and final exam scores for a minimum of five years.
You will enjoy our courses! In fact, the average satisfaction rating for our courses is 4.9 out 5. It is our passion to provide the best courses at the best prices.
||Price Per Hour
|20 Online Credit Hours - Best Value!
|8 Online Credit Hours
|1 Online Credit Hour
|4 Hour Printed Course
|3 Hour Printed Course
|2 Hour Printed Course
Determine which format you prefer.
|Study Guide Format
||PDF Format - print yourself or review online.
||Study guide will be mailed to you.
||Use your credit hours to complete any CPE/CE course.
||Select courses available in print.
||Available immediately! New courses released throughout the year.
||New courses are released yearly in September.
||Final exams are completed online. No extra charges for grading.
Tax Materials, Inc. is registered with the California Tax Education Council (CTEC) to provide continuing education to registered tax professionals.
- All courses offered by Tax Materials, Inc. are CTEC approved.
- Results are regularly uploaded to CTEC.
Learn rules specific to California related to filing tax returns to report items for individuals, businesses, estates, filing requirements, and user fees administered by the Senate of California Franchise Tax Board.
- Course satisfies the CTEC 5 hour California state tax requirement for CRTPs.
- Spring Release: 6/1/2017
- Fall Release: 11/1/2017
This course covers rules specific to California income tax returns. Program content includes rules for individuals, partnerships, LLCs, corporations, estates and trusts, and other filing requirements and user fees administered by the State of California Franchise Tax Board.
CPE Credit Hours
5 Credit Hours. One 50-minute period equals one CPE/CE Credit Hour.
Individuals who prepare California income tax returns are encouraged to participate in this course.
National Registry of CPE Sponsors ID Number
CTEC Course Number
The Annual Filing Season Program is a voluntary program, offered by the IRS, designed to encourage tax return preparers to participate in continuing education (CE) courses. Tax Materials, Inc. is an approved IRS CE Provider. (More)
The IRS has determined two classifications of tax preparers.
1) Exempt from AFTR (Credentialed)
Tax Preparers with one of the following credentials are exempt from completing the AFTR course and test if they choose to participate in the AFSP:
2) Non-Exempt from AFTR (Non-Credentialed)
- Enrolled Agent
- Enrolled Retirement Plan Agent
- Enrolled Actuary
- National and State Tests (More)
Tax preparers are required to take the AFTR course and test in addition to the continuing education hours to receive the AFSP-Record of Completion.
Continuing Education taken between 1/1/2016 and 12/31/2016 will count as CE credit hours for the AFSP - Record of Completion.
|Exempt - 15 Total CE Hours
3 CE Hours - Tax Law Updates
10 CE Hours - Federal Tax Law
2 CE Hours - Ethics
Choose Online Credit Hours or the AFSP Exempt Package to to complete your CE Requirements! See chart below to compare.
|Non-Exempt - 18 Total CE Hours
6 CE Hours - AFTR Course and Test
10 CE Hours - Federal Tax Law
2 CE Hours - Ethics
Choose Online Credit Hours or the AFSP Non-Exempt Package to to complete your CE Requirements! See chart below to compare.
||AFSP Exempt Package
||AFSP Non-Exempt Package
||Complete the Exempt or Non-Exempt CE Requirements.
- Choose from a variety of courses
- AFTR Course is available
- 15 hours of CE
- Includes 6 printed courses
- Satisfies Exempt CE Requirements
- 18 hours of CE
- Includes the AFTR Course and 5 additional printed courses
- Satisfies Non-Exempt CE Requirements
"Thank you! Material was easy to read and understand."
"The examples helped to illustrate the material to aid comprehension. This was a great experience, thanks."
"Accurate and very well thought out. TMI you people are the best at taxes!"