Return to Tax Industry News

Post Date:  6/25/2014
Last Updated:  6/25/2014

Cross References

The IRS has announced that taxpayers can no longer apply for Employer ID Numbers (EINs) by telephone. Taxpayers must either apply online from the "Employer ID Numbers (EINs) Application" at, or by filling out and faxing or mailing Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number. See the Form SS-4 instructions for details.

Print Version:  Click here for a printable version of this document.